History and Milestones
Over the past forty years, Helsinn has followed its core values of quality, integrity and respect, to grow into an international business committed to improving the everyday lives of people with cancer, all over the world.
- Launch of Helsinn Integrative Care division, which aims to offer options to people with cancer in all of their needs, not only with pharmaceutical products, but also through medical devices, supplements and medical foods.
- AKYNZEO®(netupitant/palonosetron) Approved for Prevention of Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting in European Union, Switzerland and Australia
- AKYNZEO® (netupitant/palonosetron) nominated within the category “Best Pharmaceutical Agent of the Year” at The Galien Foundation Prix Award
- Helsinn Group earned the Global Ceo Cancer Gold Standard Accreditation: an important validation of its commitment to reducing cancer risk.
- Helsinn Advanced Synthesis Wins 2015 CMO Leadership Award
- Helsinn supports “mHealth – Improve cancer supportive care” (Milan, April 4th). The conference has been organized in collaboration with SDA Bocconi and CERGAS Bocconi of the Bocconi University of Milan, Italy.
- FDA Approves AKYNZEO® (netupitant/palonosetron) for the Prevention of Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting (CINV)
- Helsinn Advanced Synthesis becomes the first private company based in Ticino, Switzerland, to prepare a Global Sustainability Report in accordance with Global Reporting (GRI), an Amsterdam-based organization which aims to develop universally accepted guidelines to create sustainability reports on the economic, environmental and social activities of an organization.
- Official inauguration of Helsinn’s Representative Office in Beijing, China
- Helsinn Birex Pharmaceuticals, Dublin, Ireland wins two prestigious awards, “Supreme Safety Runner Up Silver Award” and “Consistent High Achiever Award”, at the 22nd Annual National Irish Safety Organisation/Northern Ireland Safety Group (NISO/NISG),for its outstanding health and safety performance.
- Helsinn establishes a new commercial organization within its subsidiary, Helsinn Therapeutics (U.S.), Inc., in order to conduct direct sales and marketing activities within the US market, and, with a dedicated sales force, initiates co-selling of Aloxi together with its American partner Eisai.
- Ernst & Young recognizes Riccardo Braglia as the “Best Entrepreneur in the High Tech/Life Sciences category in Switzerland” and selects him to represent Switzerland at The Worldwide Entrepreneur of the Year contest as one of the top three companies in the category
- Helsinn opens a representative office in Beijing in China and files for an IND (Investigational New Drug (IND) Application) for Netupitant FDC
- Helsinn opens a new cytotoxic chemical plant at Helsinn Advanced Synthesis, Biasca, Switzerland.
- Helsinn confirms support of the ASCO Conquer Cancer Foundation Quality Initiative ‘CancerLinQ’ with a donation of $1m.
- Helsinn Group makes an equity investment for a minority interest in Thorne research, Inc. and plans to jointly commercialize nutritional supplement products with initial focus on meeting the needs of people living with cancer
- New analytical laboratories open at Helsinn Birex Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Dublin, Ireland
- Riccardo Braglia receives the prestigious "2011 Entrepreneur in Italian-Speaking Switzerland" award 2011
- Helsinn Chemicals SA, Biasca, Switzerland and Helsinn Advanced Synthesis SA, Biasca, Switzerland merger. The manufacturing facility is now called Helsinn Advanced Synthesis SA
- Helsinn's leading product, palonosetron, is successfully launched in Japan
- Additional premises for Helsinn Group headquarters open in Pambio-Noranco/Lugano, Switzerland
- A new R&D centre of excellence open at Helsinn Birex Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Dublin, Ireland
US biotech company Sapphire Therapeutics Inc., is acquired to establish the US-based R&D and commercial operation, Helsinn Therapeutics (U.S.), Inc.
Partnering agreement is signed with Zealand Pharma, Denmark, for the development and world-wide commercialization of the novel GLP-2 agonist for Chemotherapy-Induced Diarrhea (CID), elsiglutide.
Palonosetron is launched in EU; netupitant, a compound under development for the prevention of CINV and the treatment of overactive bladder, is in-licensed from Roche.
Palonosetron is launched in the USA.
Helsinn Advanced Synthesis S.A second Swiss manufacturing plant, is founded in Biasca.
Worldwide licensing agreement is signed with Syntex-Roche for palonosetron, second generation 5-HT3 receptor antagonist.
Nimesulide is launched on the market.
Helsinn Chemicals SA, Group's first manufacturing plant opens in Biasca, Switzerland.
Worldwide licensing agreement is signed with 3M Pharmaceuticals for nimesulide, a leading non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
Helsinn is established by the Braglia family in Tessin, Switzerland.